Mechanical friction during drilling operations is a problem in long narrow, highly inclined boreholes. Some of the cures include application of oil or pseudo oil based mud and lubricants. Use of oil and pseudo oil based muds is highly restricted because of environmental concerns. Even adding small amounts of oil-based lubricants to water based muds raise questions. Consequently, the value of finding an improved environmentally friendly friction reducer applicable in water based mud is high. In this study, we have tried to design water-based drilling fluids with the high lubricant characteristics by using the nano lubricant additives.
· Drilling Industry, Advanced Drilling Fluids
· Lubrication Industry, high-performance nano-lubricant additives
· Access to technology of preparation of desired nano additives used in drilling fluids considering the conditions of field
· Designing of water based nanofluids with high lubrication performance
· Access to drilling fluid containing optimized and nano-sized additives considering the conditions of field
· Access to methods for preparation of desired nanoparticles
· Avoiding costs from friction and erosion of drilling equipments
· Methods for synthesis of other nano additives required in drilling fluids.
NANO Torque & Lubricity-Enhanced Drilling Fluid