Drilling fluid/formation interaction (water adsorption, osmotic swelling and cation exchange) in hydrocarbon reservoirs caused major problems, such as well bore instability, bit balling, sticking drill strings, waste of time and over costs during drilling. In this project, performance of nano additive for reducing fluid/formation interaction, clay swilling in drilling operation will be investigated; also pilot scale of nano additive in wells condition will be produced.
· Drilling Industry, Advanced Drilling Fluids
· Nano additive investigation and economic survey
· Nano additives pilot manufacturing and performance study
· Nano additives performance for wellbore stability and prevention of water invasion in sensitive shale layer
· Technical knowledge development of novel environmental friendly nano drilling fluid for decreasing formation damage and increasing lubricity.
· Proposed nano additives manufacturing technical knowledge achievement
· Decreasing waste of time and over costs during drilling
· Infrastructure feasibility of related nano additives manufacturing for drilling fluids
NANO Shale Inhibitor-Enhanced Drilling Fluid